Monday, June 9, 2008

Upcoming events

Mr. Bee is turning one this next Sunday. I seriously can't believe that he is one. (OK so that will be another blog) Because Mr. Bee is turning one, Maimeo (my mom) is coming up from Seattle to celebrate with us! I'm really looking forward to this visit. She came up last year but it was just a bunch of lounging around after having a baby. Don't get me wrong, there will be plenty of that but I also want to take her to see a glacier. We tried the Portage Glacier and it was closed last time so we'll try the Mut-Su and go at our own pace. This will probably be the last time she is up here since we are leaving soon. I'm excited to see her. As the days get closer, I think about how much she is going to enjoy Bee. He is such a fun baby. I'm not quite sure what we are going to do for his birthday, being that it is Father's Day too. I would like to invite friends but I don't want to take away from their Daddy Day. I'm sure I'll figure that part out.

My question to you is: What did you do for your child's first birthday?
and for those who don't have munchkins: What did you do for your first birthday?

Please leave your brilliant ideas in the comment box!! Thanks

3 comments:

The Colón Family said...

Akayla had a Teletubbie party. I just had family and close friends get together. I had them play a little game where I would ask them certain thing that they think Akayla could of couldn't do. the one that answered the most correctly won a prize. Fun Stuff!!!

Bottles Barbies And Boys said...

We used to go ALL out on the kids birthdays, but now they seem to not it as much.
Our were a party lots of little kids, balloons was the best part for them. We also a bubble maker they loved that.

Happy early b-day little guy!

homeschooling Mama said...

Our birthday's are usually mostly family and they usually have one or two of their closer friends come! With the younger ones we try to keep it pretty low key such as presents and cake and that seems to be just enough without getting to overwelming. But as they get older we do more games and stuff. Where are you moving?