Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Sleeping habits

Ever since I got married, I have had to sleep with the TV on. My hubby is a really light sleeper so the TV tunes out any different noises.


When we were first married, we would fall asleep in each other's arms, watching Disney movies.

AAAHHHH so cute! (GAG!!!)


Moving on, after awhile we would fall asleep any way but still watching Disney movies, mostly Finding Nemo. (A personal fave.)


Then it moved on to different DVD's that slow made it up to our room. I have veto'd most of these DVD's on account that they keep playing music after the movie is done. No good.


Everybody Loves Raymond has quotes from the DVD that play over and over and over again.


All Family Guy's have that stupid song at the end.


The list goes on.


EXCEPT Friends.


FRIENDS plays nicely with my sleeping zzz's. You watch the 2.5 hours of funny, good wholesome show and then it's quiet!!!! The screen is still up BUT no sound!


LOVE IT!!!


So we have all but 2 of the seasons of FRIENDS.


Thank you to my old room mate, Heather, for giving us our first season of FRIENDS! It has saved our marriage!


Do you guys have any weird sleeping habits like my hubby??
PS Only one person mentioned anything on my last post about the bear. I thought for sure you guys would have said something??

13 comments:

Kristina P. said...

This is so funny! I have to have the TV on lightly when I'm taking a nap, but not to fall asleep.

Barbaloot said...

I have to have complete silence. My room is next to the TV room---and if anyone is watching when I go to bed I wear ear muffs. No joke.

And also--the bear was VERY scary.

rachel griffith said...

that's because friends is the best show EVER!!!

we HAVE to have complete darkness when we sleep.
and i HAVE to have a ceiling fan on...for air flow & noise.

Debz said...

I absotively posolutely have to go to sleep with the TV on. The first thing I hope for, Will and Grace episodes. That's my favorite thing to fall asleep to. I wanna grow up to be Karen.

nikkicrumpet said...

OH MY GOSH...I'd never be able to fall asleep if I knew the TV was going all night. It would drive me crazy. Luckily my hubby and I can sleep through anything!!!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I have a timer on the TV, I need to fall asleep with it too!!!

Anonymous said...

as far a noise - don't have a preference, I can sleep thru anything. but it has to be cold. I mean c o l d - like 58 degrees cold. we have outrageous cooling bills.

on another note, I've got some box set of Friends that I haven't watched in years. want me to mail them to you? for real, they don't get used here.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

My husband wraps himself up and on me... no lie. He can't get into a deep sleep unless a leg, arm, or both are somehow draped over me.

Did I tell you that I like to sleep at the VERY edge of the bed!!! I've finally gotten use to it... but it took a while!

Anonymous said...

Steve has to be cuddling with me to fall asleep. If he doesn't he has the hardest time and it takes him forever to fall asleep. We also have to have a fan blowing on us, one for the air and two for the noise.

Homer and Queen said...

Fan on...spooning. HIM on the inside! I get too claustorphobic 'cause he breathes my air!

John Deere Mom said...

I can't sleep without some sort of humming like a fan or the A/C. And preferably with hubby snoring on the couch. There's an invisible line in our bed that can't be crossed...if it's just sleep time. ;)

Anonymous said...

We have to sleep with the fan on. Paul could fall asleep anywhere at anytime, but I can't sleep without it. Babies, even in the other room, make too much noise for me. It doesn't help that their dad passed along the sleep talking gene to both of them.

Anonymous said...

Hubby has to have a fan going! I get cold easy so I end up some times wrapped up in a blanket in winter, plus our regular bedding.

We use to sleep witha tv on also, not sure I can remember why we quit.