Sunday, April 19, 2009
Journal Jar - 4/19/09
What do you think about movies?
I love movies! I love cuddling up on the couch with some snacks, with my hubby and just realxing for two hours. I especially love that they have commercial free movies on most channels now. OR there is always the fast forward button...love that!!
Going to the movies is a different story. I have a really hard time paying $20 for two people to go watch a movie that will be on my TV in three months or in the bargain bin at Wal-Mart in four. $20 could buy us part of a dinner at Chili's and great conversation. And the chairs aren't nearly as comfortable as my couch with a quilt.
When I was a teenager, I thought the movies were the best thing ever! Two hours, unsupervised by my parents to hang out with my friends, or even boyfriends. Most of the time I just went to the movies to go, not caring what was playing. I had many dates at the movies. Some good, some really bad.
What is your favorite movie and why?
This is a hard question cause there are sooo many great ones. So I'm going to do top 10 greatest movies ever, by Kritta22.
1. Nacho Libre (Doesn't matter what mood you are in, you WILL laugh at this movie)
2. American President (It has Michael Douglas in it. It's just a great romantic movie)
3. The Holiday (I hadn't heard of this until last Christmas...you NEED to rent this. It has Jett Black in it that you have never seen him this way before.)
4. Single's Ward (It's a church movie. SO stinking funny.)
5. Double Jeopardy (My fave dramatic movie...great story and started close to my hometown)
6. Shrek 1-3 (How could you not love that big guy!!?? And all the little things that are thrown in there...do you think he is compensating for something?? hehe)
7. 23 Dresses (just a cute chick flick)
8. Meet Joe Black (another chick flick, long but totally worth it cuz you have to see when she knows!! Oh and I ALWAYS fast forward through the hot and heavy scene that they totally could have been without! (I hate that!))
9. Monster -in-law (oh so fun!)
10. Mulan (Gotta love a chica that can kick some tushie!)
Honorable mentions: Finding Nemo, Men in Black, Harry Potter's, Legally Blonde, Pretty Woman, the Italian Job, and Talledanga Nights.
What are your favorite movies?