Thursday, January 7, 2010

Update from the Desert

We had an ultrasound today. Baby is doing great. He is measuring at all the right sizes. While the tech was measuring his leg, he nailed me in the ribs!! What a stinker!

I had to do the glucose test today! It's so silly to me that they make pregnant women fast. (I get the reasons why...it's just dumb.) I think they need to figure out another way to find out if you have gestational diabetes. I get the results tomorrow.

The weather here has cooled down in the past 24 hours to a freezing 45 F degrees. (No I'm not laughing at you guys with snow days....okay, kinda I am!) I put my time in Alaska so I have the right to giggle!

Bee has FINALLY pushed his left molar through. We are still waiting on the right...there isn't even a tip of it yet.

Chris is busy at work. He works swing shift...5-1am. It's nice for doctor's appointments but crazy for Bee's schedule. We'll get it worked out one day. We have also found that Chris doesn't do milk anymore. We have switched to Lactose Free and it's made a world of difference in his tummy! So simple a change but wonderful!!

I got my schooling approved. My books should be here Monday. It will be so nice to be able to work from home. A little extra money won't hurt either! :) (We miss COLA!)

I will be induced March 11 at 7:30pm. So we will have a baby shortly after that!! It's exciting to have a date. To see the end! This pregnancy has definitely been tough. I can't wait to see this little guy!

We have a new puppy, Diesel. He is a black lab and is 12 weeks old. He is already potty trained in 5 days. He LOVES Bee and plays well with Hooch. He has a sweet face that always looks like he is smiling. I'll try and post pictures soon.

9 comments:

mags said...

i'm excited to see the new guy too! glad your doing well and we miss you up here in the freezin' north.

John Deere Mom said...

Wow! Great update...sounds like you have been busy! Hope you are feeling better!

Jenny said...

what I would give to have the weather be 45 degrees right now. The cold really wears me out. I am have started to think that it really does cause me to be more tired.

Great update on the baby. Agree with the fasting, always hated that. I think it is so great that you already have the due date and delivery time set up.

Have a great warm, happy and smiling day. Go ahead and giggle at us freezing bodies you deserve to.

Barbaloot said...

I'm just so excited for you that a baby is coming soon!!!

Rachel Holloway said...

ooooh...March 11--right after my birthday! :) March babies are generally nice people, at least I like to think so! :)

Can't wait to see pics of your precious pooch! :)

Anonymous said...

wow-baby will be here in no time!!!

Bobbi Mason said...

Wow, I can't believe baby will be here so soon. I know it hasn't been fast for you, but goodness time flies. Just warning you, the first two months with two are rough, but once the haze lifts...life is so fun!

Unknown said...

Glad everything is going great with you and baby. Can't wait to see the little guy and the new Puppy. Take care of you!!

tiburon said...

I can't believe you are less than two months away from having that baby!