Monday, April 22, 2013

October 26, 2012

The boys, Betsy and I headed up to ABQ for doctors appointments. We went to Globug's eye doctor appt. It was a quick in and quick out appt. He was just seeing if the patching was working enough. We are to continue to patch daily for 2 hours.

Then we went to my appointment at the blood doctor. It was just a "Hi, how are you? appointment." So got my blood drawn on the way out and called up Raesha to meet up for lunch!

We met at her office parking lot and had Joe's Deli. Fancy had never been there before. It is a good place for a healthy lunch. Something we dont usually get in ABQ. In the middle of lunch, Dr. Quintana calls me back and says, "Your platelets are 6K. Get here now, you have an infusion scheduled for 1pm."

So turned to Fancy and Raesha and said that I had to cut our date short. We ran to the Dollar Store and I grabbed coloring books, crayons, cars, puzzles, toys....anything to keep the boys busy in the waiting room for 4+ hours with Fancy. They weren't allow to have kids back in the infusion area because they bring germs and loudness. The nurse was going to sneek them in but she never did and I didn't push it.

Anyway I knew the drill, sit for a few hours and get infused. Get chills and shaky and a huge headache. Plus get sleepy. All things awesome while stressing about the boys in the waiting room. I emailed Chris what was going on but he was sleeping.

This is my room.


This is the medicine.


This is reaction to said medicine. I am now allergic to Gamunex. Awesome.

We get all the way done with the infusion. The nurse pushed it fast because Id had it so many times before without drama.

I go to check out and start to itch. Then Fancy says, "Uhhh...your lip is bigger." I checked. Hives. Awesome again.

I got back into the nurses station. The doctor is paged. I'm given steriods and benadryl. I go back out to the waiting room to help with the boys. Keep in mind it was 4.5 hours of being sooo good in the waiting room. They were starting to lose it.




So we stayed until I stopped growing hives and the doctor okay'd us to go home. She said take it easy and Fancy watch her! So Fancy and I took turns driving home. It took awhile with a few stops but we made it! Ben was gone for some reason (?) and Fancy had no problem staying the night on the couch.

We got up the next morning and went on with our world. Bee went to school and everything else. But what an adventure we had in ABQ in October! :)
Thanks Fancy for ALL your help! You are wonderful.

No comments: